I have never been big into New Year's Resolutions. I can't say I have ever really officially made one. Well, this year I made two!
Resolution #1
FOLD AND PUT AWAY the laundry IMMEDIATELY after taking it off the rack in the living room/ clothesline outside. We have a dryer- brand new, only used for a few months at our old apartment but since our house has no hookups or whatever and no one seems kind enough to get around to fixing that for me I have to dry the clothes by hanging them on a wooden rack in the living room and on the line outside when its warm (another reason why CAN'T WAIT for spring!). It has been slightly frustrating this winter because it takes 8 or so hours, give or take a few depending on what it is, to dry one load of clothes rather than the 45 minutes or whatever in a dryer!
Anyway, back to Resolution #1. I DESPISE folding clothes! So, I used to let loads upon loads of clean clothes pile up in my living room so when I finally got around to folding them (or should I say IF?!) it would take at least a few hours to complete! Daunting task! So, this year I told myself that I am never living like that again! As soon as I take the clothes off the rack I fold them and put them away! I have been doing really well so far but it should get challenging once school starts (my online class starts today!!!)
Resolution #2
This resolution only sprouted suddenly into my head a few minutes ago so I'm already a little behind. I'm going to write here once everyday the rest of 2010!!! You think I can do it? This one should be much more challenging because its easier to ignore my blog than it is to ignore Mount Washmore in my living room!
You all better hold me to these! I'm counting on you!
Resolution #1
FOLD AND PUT AWAY the laundry IMMEDIATELY after taking it off the rack in the living room/ clothesline outside. We have a dryer- brand new, only used for a few months at our old apartment but since our house has no hookups or whatever and no one seems kind enough to get around to fixing that for me I have to dry the clothes by hanging them on a wooden rack in the living room and on the line outside when its warm (another reason why CAN'T WAIT for spring!). It has been slightly frustrating this winter because it takes 8 or so hours, give or take a few depending on what it is, to dry one load of clothes rather than the 45 minutes or whatever in a dryer!
Anyway, back to Resolution #1. I DESPISE folding clothes! So, I used to let loads upon loads of clean clothes pile up in my living room so when I finally got around to folding them (or should I say IF?!) it would take at least a few hours to complete! Daunting task! So, this year I told myself that I am never living like that again! As soon as I take the clothes off the rack I fold them and put them away! I have been doing really well so far but it should get challenging once school starts (my online class starts today!!!)
Resolution #2
This resolution only sprouted suddenly into my head a few minutes ago so I'm already a little behind. I'm going to write here once everyday the rest of 2010!!! You think I can do it? This one should be much more challenging because its easier to ignore my blog than it is to ignore Mount Washmore in my living room!
You all better hold me to these! I'm counting on you!

Very good ideas. I too am tring to get the laundry under control.
ReplyDelete