I seriously cannot believe how quickly this summer is passing!! :( I had so many wonderful plans for this summer: taking up drawing again, reading one book a week, losing weight/ working out, getting the house in tip-top order, working on becoming a wonderful mother. . . so far none of that has turned out the way I had hoped. I have only made one sorry sketch, am only 1/3 the way through Love And Respect (the first book on my summer reading list), haven't worked out even once, the house is still a disorganized sorry mess, and I been driven by my grumpy, exasperating, naughty children to become a monster of a mother. Sad. Hummm, I'm such a disappointment to myself.
Now, there is no hope for any improvement because I started back to work on Friday and in only one and a half months I start back to school full time!!
We have only 19 days left to get the apartment cleared out and cleaned SPOTLESS, and I am the only one who seems even slightly worried about it (probably because I am the only one who will be doing it all).
Poor Sammy has been having a rough month so far. He is currently on amoxicillin for a really bad ear infection, this is his first ear infection. We are hoping that it gets cleared up by the time he goes back in to see his pediatrician on the 20th. If its not I'm not sure what will have to be done- Elijah never had an ear infection so I am clueless. Also, his first teeth started cutting through Friday night, which of course had to be my first night back at work- poor baby really needed his mama that night!! That was a horrible night and following day for all of us!!
Elijah has been a terror. Every little this is this huge production and involves an unbelievable amount of temper tantrums, screaming, thrashing of arms and legs. . . The DRAMA!!!!!!!
I am being torn in every direction this summer and my patience undergoing some MAJOR testing and failure seems to be turning into a habit.
Any way, here are some pics to prove that we have not killed each other off- yet.
Classic scene of the summer: Sammy chilling in the grass, Elijah playing on the mower and heaps of laundry.
Enjoying some cake.
Elijah fell asleep reading his book!
Elijah experienced his first parade on July Fourth while visiting relatives in Des Moines. He sat on the curb enjoying the goodies daddy was catching for him rather than joining the chaos. Smart kid!


Other news: there is another great giveaway going on at The Cloth Diaper Whisperer!! You can enter for a chance to win some way amazing BabyKicks accessories. I have one of their Joey-Bunz inserts and it is the best thing ever!!!
Here's the link to the giveaway: http://www.theclothdiaperwhisperer.com/2009/07/fluff-friday-37.html

No comments:
Post a Comment