Monday, July 20, 2009

Rainy Day

Elijah woke up at an insanely early hour this morning and preceded to wake up his brother. So that meant I had to get up. :( After breakfast and diaper changes Elijah insisted on going outside. So I threw Sam in the mei tai and we headed out for an adventurous time of clambering on the mower, running through the clovers, hanging out in "Elijah's car" (Sara's Fox that is resting to the side of the drive way), and picking mulberries. Yes, I'm an adult, the mother of two children and I still love eating mulberries! I long for a handful of those luscious, juicy berries in the dead of winter. I swear when I'm 90 I will still be climbing mulberry trees, instilling a love for this wonderful summertime treat in my grandchildren! I would love to be buried under a mulberry tree often frequented by children (but that would probably creep kids out, leaving every last berry to the birds so maybe its not such a good idea. . .).

After a while it started to rain so we headed back inside for lunch and nap time. After Elijah's nap Rich took him to spend the night with Grandma Debbie and Aunt Candace. I started rearranging the boys' room- I am still trying to make it functional.

Not much else happened today. . . Sammy is getting some "sleep training" since his brother is gone. The crazy child thinks he is a small infant who needs to nurse ever 2 hours at night. Sorry kid, you are almost 9 months old!! I felt bad for you while you were sick, but now that you are nearly 100% again there is no reason for this! I think it is about time you learn to sleep for at least 4 hours without a boob in your mouth!

Here's a few pics from that past few days.

The boys swimming in the backyard.
Funny face Sammy!
Ha ha! What a goofy face on Eli!




Checking out Dodger



Eating grass, his favorite pastime!

Here's how Elijah gets into "his" car:


"I'm in!!"
Spacing out. . .
What a smart driver! He even buckles up!
Playing on the mower
Model pose!
Sammy is finally feeling better!

Concentrating! This learning to crawl is hard work!
The boys mowing with Daddy! Sammy is in the mei tai.
Making a stop for mulberries!
Serious faces.



2 comments:

  1. I saw you on The Cloth Diaper Whisperer. What a beautiful family:) I too am a crunchy momma!
    http://catherineanne5.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also saw you on the Cloth Diaper Whisperer and wanted to say you have such beautiful little boys!

    ReplyDelete