Saturday, January 31, 2009

Mouring *Warning: emotional content*

So, this is going to be a more personal, deep post. I just need to get it out, maybe it will help you understand me a little better since I am horrible at sharing my emotions.

As I'm sure most of you know, my parents left to go back to their home in Kosova last week. This may be odd and hard to you to hear (Mom and Dad) but its like I'm mourning the loss of them. My heart feels as broken as it did 2 years ago when Rich's precious grandma died, then in May when his grandpa followed her and especially how I felt it October when my own grandpa died. I just can't stop the slow, ragged, painful tearing of my heart; it keeps asking- everyday "why did they have to leave?!" I'm not sure why my feelings about them leaving end up on the same shelf as the death of a dearly loved one, I mean they are still around, not close maybe- only some 5,000 miles- that's a lot closer than death, don't you think? Its very hard for me to admit this- even to myself. I love my parents so much, and I love their hearts and the amazing ministry they have, but it doesn't seem fair that they had to leave. These years will only be here once and it kills me to not be able to experience them with my parents. There is only so much you can share with someone 5,000 miles away. Even if I didn't see them everyday my heart still feels so much lighter and my days are much smoother when I know Mom and Dad are only a short drive away. Maybe I just have issues, I dunno, but my heart still mourns for them- everyday.

No comments:

Post a Comment