Thursday, August 13, 2009

Circles!

If you happened to stop by my house for a visit and leave around the boys' bedtime then come back the next morning you would probably think I got nothing done. That however is as far from the truth! Take last night for example: By 8:30 both boys were in bed sleeping. As soon as they were out I was out the door and up at the garden in the quickly fading daylight harvesting getting attacked by trillions of freaking annoying mosquitoes while plucking tomatoes, carrots, beans, and peppers from their homes as quickly as I possibly could! I then brought the war loot inside. Then I gave forced antibiotics down the throats of all four kittens. After that I fed and watered the chickies. After that I headed inside and cleaned all my goods from the garden. Chopped and steamed the carrots and beans. Then pureed them in my Vit-a-Mix . After that they got scooped into ice cube trays to freeze into perfectly sized portions for Sam to eat. Yup , that's right! Homemade baby food!! It is soooooooo yummy! I always have to snitch some! Honestly, its not that hard either. I find it MUCH easier than getting myself presentable, packing up the kids and going to the grocery store for it. Plus I love knowing exactly what is going into my precious baby's helpless body. Did you know that all those little plastic tubs Gerber packages their babyfood into contains BPA (bisphenol-A)?!?! If you haven't heard much about this toxin being fed to millions of babies a day, here is a good website: http://www.bisphenolafree.org/ or do your own Google search. NO THANK YOU Gerber! You can keep your toxic chemicals and shove them *you know where*!!
After making Sam's supereasy, healthy meals, I chopped up tomatoes and now they are also in the freezer waitng to be enjoyed at a later date (Guess what? There is also BPA in 99.9% of all canned goods, oh that AND
MSG!!!! I am learning everyday of more and more ways oh how our government is intentionally, slyly, "controlling" the population.)




y

After all that I loaded up the dishwasher and cleaned of the counters. Guess what time is was after doing
ALL that?! ONLY 10:30!!! I was absolutely amazed at how much I got done it 2 hours!!!

I think something most people over look is all the mundane, continuously needing to be done jobs mothers must do. Everything I do must be done over and over and over again and then I must start back at the beginning the very next day within the hour. Dishes, laundry, cooking, cleaning up poopy diapers. . . All are something that all must be done multiple times a day and as soon as you do one of them you mess up another and you go round and round!!
The husband leaves for work and when he comes home many hours later, yes, it looks like
nothing got done, but honestly, everything probably went through The Cycle at least twice while he was gone!!
As hard as I may try, my job will
never be done but hey, thats fine with me. I saw my successes of the day. I saw how impossibly messy the kitchen counters were but then I toiled and scrubbed and sobbed and I gazed upon my handiwork and I gleaned the strength to do it again in 3 hours!

It's all for this:
:)

4 comments:

  1. You are an amazing mother and I love you so much! I am amazed every day by what you do and how much you do...you are a great example!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is why "mommy" is the hardest & yet most rewarding job anyone can have. My DH always looked around the house when he got home & wondered what I did all day.... until he spent a solid week at home with me & saw for himself. Now when he gets home he comments on how great the place looks. You are amazing doing the homemade baby food. I keep saying I am going to do it but have yet to see it through.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How awesome! I sure wish I could get my garden to grow. My kids pick things way before they're ready and if something lives long enough to be picked I go out only to find that a raccoon must have stolen it the night before.

    Kudos to you! Mamas do have the hardest and the most rewarding job ever.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know what you mean about doing things so many times!! I feel like I'm constantly doing laundry and picking up after my 15month old daughter. And yet it never seems clean at my house and there's always a full bin of dirty diapers to wash...

    ReplyDelete