Wednesday, June 10, 2009

No more quack Doctors for me!


Quack Doctor #1:



I have been having these headaches and odd lump behind my left ear for maybe one and a half years and about a year ago they got so bad that I had to have Rich take me into the Urgent Care (this was at like 8 or 9 pm). The idiot Attending Physician felt me over for 5 seconds maybe and blew my pain off as swollen lymph nodes. I knew thats not what it was but she refused to do any but write me a Doctors note so I could call into work that night and sleep it off. I did just that and a week or two later the headaches started to taper off. Occasionally, maybe once a month or so I would have a "flare up" as I call it but the pain would barely be bad enough to require taking any meds. That went on until about 2 weeks ago when I started getting BAD flare ups- worse than ever before!! I have felt close to passing out from the pain a few times and am currently taking 1,500 mg of Tylenol every 6 hours just to keep the pain at bay.


Quack Doctor #2:

I have had this light pink-ish mole on my forehead for the past 4-ish years. I remember after first it showed up thinking it was a pimple for the longest time, well, that pimple never went away and I realized it was some sort of mole. It has always bothered me. The way it looks, where it is on my forehead. I have just always had a bad feeling about it and wanted it OFF. I showed it to my Grandma Barb 2 years ago and she told me to get it taken off ASAP because she had a mole that looked like that on her nose, got it removed and good thing too 'cause it was cancerous mole! So, I finally went in a year-ish ago to get it looked at. Well, this quack doctor told me I had it just because I was pregnant (I was preggers with Sammy at that time), it was NOTHING to worry about. I tried to tell her that I have had it since before I ever got pregnant with Elijah but she would hear none of it and do nothing about it and she sent me away! A mole that had been there, growing for 4 years JUST because I was pregnant?!

BULL SH*T!!!!!!!!!!!!!




I was so upset because I know that there is NO way you can tell just by looking at a mole whether it is cancerous or not. What a quack!!!



ENTER: The Amazing Doctor Gordon!!!!

Last week I decided I could no longer stand the pain behind my left ear so I got online and looked up the dr. offices within our insurance network. Choose a location and on their website there is a picture of each dr. and a little bio about each dr.'s training ect. The pictures were a huge help! I chose the coolest and nicest looking dr. and called for an appointment. I made the right choice because when I went in for my appointment this morning Dr. Gordon was amazing!! The first thing he did was ask me to show him my mole (when I made my appointment I told them I wanted to get that taken care of too). He takes one look at it and starts opening the cupboard for the supplies to remove it! He said "So, we can remove it and risk the risks of the procedure : bleeding, infection, scarring, OR we could leave it and risk letting it eat away at your whole head." Hmmmm. . . . let me think about that a while. . . So, 5 minutes later the darn thing is GONE!!!! YAY!!! They sent it to the lab to get biopsied and the results should be back in a week. He does have me a little freaked out though cause as soon as he removed it he looked at it for a bit and said to the nurse "hmmm, that looks and feels very basal cell carcinoma-ish to me, but I would love for the lab to tell me I'm wrong. . ." SCARY!!! So we will see what happens there.

We then moved on to my headaches. He sat down and asked me to tell him all about them. I get barely 2-3 paragraphs into my spiel when he stopped me to state "I can tell you right now that you are getting an MRI!" I kind of sputter and it takes me a bit to get back on track but when I finish he said he thinks its probably migraines but I'm getting an MRI all the same. He felt the lump/s and finds them quite odd.

Soooooooooo, I am going in for an MRI Friday morning!

This guy is amazing!!!! After all the business was completed, when any other doctor would have said their adieus, he sat down with me and spoke to me as if I were his own daughter. He talked to me about becoming a nurse and gave me some insightful advise. He recommended a book to read on love and medicine and healing, he told me about the book he wants to write someday. He told me a few doctor jokes. . . I never knew such an amazing doctor existed!! I have never had a doctor that I trust completely (not even my OB-GYN or the boys pediatrician!). Wow, just wow!

Sorry this post was so long and not nearly as interesting as pictures of the boys but now you know whats going on with me! I will let you know the results of the tests as soon as I get them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment