Thursday, December 31, 2009

Christmas 2009

So, our Christmas was a great one! We got over 20 inches of snow so all of my side of the family's get-togethers/ Christmas celebrations were canceled. I was pretty bummed because I hadn't seen quite a few of them for at least 2 years!

However, it was kind of nice to be snowed in at home, just the four of us with nowhere to go!

For Christmas Eve dinner I made some YUMMY potato soup! The power cut out while we were eating it and we quickly lit as many candles as we could find. After they got over being freaked out at the sudden pitch black in the house the kiddo's really enjoyed the candle-lit dinner! In fact, Elijah is now under the impression that every meal needs to be eaten by candle light!

After Sam went to bed on Christmas Eve we let Elijah open two presents: Thomas the Tank Engine PJ's and a Mr. Potato Head kit!
Elijah played with Mr. Potato Head for awhile, then we enjoyed the power bring back on (for a few minutes!) and played around the Christmas tree. Then Elijah helped set out cookies and milk for Santa and then he went to bed.







Christmas morning came way too soon because Elijah woke up at 4:30, ready to open presents and I had been up to 2:30 wrapping them by candle light.


That is our tree and the presents. It wasn't much but it was all paid for with cold, hard earned cash! And its not like the kids are old enough to notice anyway- we better take advantage that while we can!!

Hey, and look! I was able to afford stockings for the first time ever! They are tiny but they sure were enjoyed!

Here's the boys ready to open their presents!

That's it! Honestly, I was going to put pictures of them opening their presents but I'm beat and it has taken me over 5 hours to write this now because as soon as I get two words down Elijah runs in "Mama! Come here! COME HERE!" or Sam starts whining to be held, or Elijah kicks Sam in the stomach. . . Ugh! This is my life and I'm just the referee!

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like you all had a very wonderful Christmas! Great pictures!

    ReplyDelete