Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Just A Day

This morning started off with an injury to my poor right thumb.

Photobucket

Yeah, the nail got torn away from the skin underneath to where the white line is! Amazingly, it didn't hurt that bad!

Now, how did I manage to do that?! Well. . . here's a hint: I found this really cool wooden tool box at Target yesterday and I just had to get it for Elijah because he loves hammers, screw drivers and unscrewing things. This toy is just SOOOOOOO him!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Everything fits inside a latches closed!

Photobucket

So what does this have to do with my poor thumb? Well, Elijah and I were playing with it this morning and I was showing him how to hammer the right way= hard. I guess I hammered a little too hard and hammered the nail through one hole and then the hole behind it- apparently the holes don't quite line up and that wooden nail was stuck!! I tried hammering the other end of it, I tried pounding it with the heel of my palm, no luck, so I try pushing as hard as I could with my thumb and POP!!! Out the nail flies and RIP!!! Goes my nail!!! So, I think the packaging should have a disclaimer stating "Not to be handled by adults- for children only!"

What else happened today. . .?

Here is Sammy in his Snowman jammies- yeah, its almost June, but hey, they fit him!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Sorry 'bout the out-of-focus/ blurriness- my camera was set on some funky setting and I didn't realize it till later.

Sammy tried an apple.

Photobucket

LOL! Look at that tongue action!

Photobucket

We went for a walk up the road with Auntie Anna.

Neither of them would look at me. . . Sammy was too intent on trying to nab Eli's sippy cup and Eli was doing. . .? Just being his odd/crazy self!

Photobucket

We got home and Eli enjoyed some yogurt.

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Licking it off his lips!

Photobucket

That's about all that happened today.

1 comment:

  1. I love how your baby is always in pajamas. That seems to be the case with us too. Of course, my baby is 2 now. lol Cute pics. Hope your thumb heals fast. ouch!

    ReplyDelete