Not much, but yet a lot has been happening around here. Sammy is getting HUGE- he is over 17 lbs now! I think his eyes changed color slightly- I noticed it when he woke up yesterday morning. They look less blue and more greenish- maybe? Darker at least. What do you think?
Monday, March 23, 2009
Here you go!
So, Anna has been bugging me for days about updating my blog so here it is. I guess it is long over due
Not much, but yet a lot has been happening around here. Sammy is getting HUGE- he is over 17 lbs now! I think his eyes changed color slightly- I noticed it when he woke up yesterday morning. They look less blue and more greenish- maybe? Darker at least. What do you think?
With Rich working at Wells now bedtime can be quite the adventure since I have to put both boys to bed on my own. Sammy HAS to be in the bath no later than 6:30 or him and everyone else will be miserable! After his bath while I am laying in bed nursing him-his longest nursing session of the day by far, getting him to sleep Elijah pretty much has free reign of the house. This can be a lot of fun for him! Not so much fun for me! I usually give him a snack and turn the TV on to something relatively toddler friendly, usually ends up being The '70's Show or some history show on IPTV- we don't have cable so my options are limited. . . Last night Caillou was on IPTV and I thought Elijah was watching it contentedly because he was so quiet and did not come into my room even once the whole time I was putting Sammy to bed. Well, as soon as I got Sammy to sleep and put him in the bassinet I went to get Elijah ready for bed. I walked into the living room and what do I find? He is sitting in the recliner with a fork and the peanut butter jar in his lap. There was peanut butter all over the recliner!
. . . and his PJ's and himself! Look at his hand! Yeah, he had a good time! He has been learning SOOOOOOOOOOO many new words lately!! Just today he learned "robin" and "rainbow"! Not only has he been learning new words, he learned how to climb out of his crib. Actually he remembered how to climb out of his crib- shortly before Sammy was born (or was it after?) Eli had climbed out of his crib a few times but then must have forgotten until Thursday morning- I was laying in bed, still partially sleeping and guess who comes running into my room, climbs up on the bed, cheerful as can be saying "jump out! Mama! Jump out!"? ELIJAH!!! Yup, he jumped out of his crib! So today I got around to taking the side off of his crib making it into a toddler bed. He was not too happy about this once he found out I was going to make him sleep with it off! He cried "fix it mama! Fix it!" when I put him to bed. It took him awhile to fall asleep- he kept getting up and running to the door thinking he could get out of going to bed- I caught him every time and he would run back to his bed and lay down, trying to be sneaky! He finally gave up and here he is right now:

Looks like we will be bringing the toddler bed over for Eli soon and Sammy is going to be getting a crib! Good thing too- he is way to big for his bassinet!
Not much, but yet a lot has been happening around here. Sammy is getting HUGE- he is over 17 lbs now! I think his eyes changed color slightly- I noticed it when he woke up yesterday morning. They look less blue and more greenish- maybe? Darker at least. What do you think?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment