Sunday, December 14, 2008

Oh Christmas Tree, oh Christmas Tree!

So I actually put up a Christmas tree! I wasn't planning on it, but then began to think I probably should since my Cookies would like it. We went to Walmart Saturday afternoon to get a few random items- BAD IDEA! The whole parking lot was full!! I have never seen that place so busy! After miraculously finding a parking spot, we headed in and somehow ended up at the Christmas trees. Big Cookie was going on and on saying "Pretty! Pretty!" to the Christmas trees. We saw a cute one for only $35 and I talked Rich into getting it. While we were standing in line to get checked out (waited in line for around 30 minutes 'cause the place was so busy) I realized that the tree is pre-lit!! I was very excited because last year was my first ever attempt at putting lights on a tree and I guess its just not my thing- it looked terrible! So I was happy at knowing I would not have to mess with that again this year! Once it was FINALLY our turn to get checked out the cashier scanned the tree's barcode and it only rang up for $25!!! Happy times!!

I had Rich drop the Lil' Cookie and I off at home so I could set up the tree while he and Big Cookie went to the mall with Aunt Candy. I did put on one extra string of lights that blink because I figured the Cookies would like it. I think it looks beautiful for being a fake tree!

When Big Cookie came home and saw the tree he was AMAZED by it!! So cute!! He always walks up to it and says "Don' touch, don' touch!" lol!

Here are a few pics:

Mini Cookie enjoying the lights
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket


I still need to come up with a tree skirt yet, but, overall, I am happy with the tree and very glad we got it! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment